Here is reason #2 to support Citizen Matters’ work.
|No other local newsmedia empowers citizens to highlight issues and find solutions, the way we do. There are over 700 Citizen Journalists we have worked with!
We are organising a special Journalism Workshop that is sure to empower any citizen looking to make a difference!
Whether you are a citizen activist or an aspiring writer-journalist, or just somebody who wants to write impactfully on issues important to you and reach out to a larger audience, this is the right workshop for you.
|When: 9:30am – 4:30pm, Saturday April 2nd 2016
Where: IIM Bangalore, Bannerghatta Road
The workshop includes interactive sessions by top notch facilitators – covering writing, photography, filmmaking, data journalism and tools, along with an understanding of how the city works.
- Vasanthi Hariprakash: Journalist, TV and Radio Anchor, Show host and Media Trainer
- Deepak Malghan: Assistant Professor, Centre for Public Policy, IIM-B
- Raksha Kumar: Multimedia journalist, Chameli Devi Jain Award 2016 winner
- Perumal Venkatesan (PeeVee): Photographer, Entrepreneur, Photo walk buff
- Nisha Thompson: Director, Data Meet, Open data enthusiast
- And more…
Detailed speaker bios here.
Fee: Rs 5,000
Register yourself or nominate a friend: https://goo.gl/forms/
This workshop is a fundraising event to support the journalism on Citizen Matters. There is a group discount of 20% (minimum of three in group). If you are a deserving candidate who needs a discount, please contact us.
All proceeds from the workshop will be considered as a donation towards Oorvani Foundation and will go towards supporting the journalism published on Citizen Matters. The donation will also be exempt from tax up to 50% under section 80G of the Income Tax Act 1961.